Informations sur l'artiste
Description de Pierre Gillet
I am a guitarist based in Brussels and born in 1987.
After many musical experiences in Belgium, Portugal and Brazil, I decided to frequent the Jazz Studio in Antwerp and Royal Conservatory of Brussels. I mostly play latin jazz, swing, choro and acoustic music. After having spent a time in Rio I discovered the 7 strings acoustic guitar and use it as my main instrument. Thanks to different collaborations with many artists, I have played in Belgium (Bozar, Music Village, Théâtre Molière,…), France (Studio l’Ermitage and Cabaret Sauvage), Spain (Casa da América, Madrid), Portugal (Onda Jazz, CC Carnide), Poland (Globaltica Festival), Germany (Artliners, Café Tasso in Berlin) and Brazil.
Here are some of my old or current projects:
- Parceria: Brazilian music with Osman Martins (cavaquinho) ;
- Espelhos: Portuguese music with Thibault Dille, Ana Rocha, Miguel Rosal and Cristina Rosal ;
- Encontros d’Agua: Portuguese music produced by Swami Jr with Thibault Dille, Ana Rocha, Miguel Rosal and Cristina Rosal ;
- Trio with Osvaldo Hernandez and Sergio Carvajal del Salto: Latin instrumental music (choro, baião, son,…) ;
- The rainy Four seasons:Folk music with musicians from Brussels ;
- Participation to the recording of Vincent Penasse Jazz Quartet « Rosa dos Ventos » ;
- David Miller’s orchestra « Fiddle in the Roof ».